Wednesday, October 31, 2012

STS November 2012 Road Trip - "Family Mealtime"

It's past my bedtime (hey, it's late in MY time zone!), but I nearly forgot to put up my STS Road Trip content! It's been that kind of a day...

The theme this month was "Family Mealtime." Initially, I was a bit uninspired by the theme and the color palette, and I considered not even participating. But I had this little niggling of an idea in the back of my head that kept bugging me. When I thought of the words "Family Mealtime," I thought about the never-ending battle we are in the thick of at our house - to teach our 2 year old some table manners! It seems hardly a meal passes without a spill or food on the floor or food smeared all over the clothes she JUST put on! I thought about all the photos I have of her covered in food (adorable and annoying at the same time!). And I realized, plenty of other people probably have pictures like that too. So I went with it.

Submitted for your approval, the "What a Mess" mini:

Download it HERE, and please take a minute to leave some love! It will only take you a minute and your comments mean so much to me! If you really want to send me into spasms of glee (I am not exaggerating here, I really do get that excited!), email me a layout you've made with some of my stuff at callalunacreations@mail.com!! If you are cool with it, I'll even post it here for everyone to see!

What's the rush? Why not take a few minutes to scroll down and discover some of the other FREE goodies I have for you? While you're at it, see that little box over there to the left that says "Follow By Email"? Why not pop your email address in so you will always be alerted when I put up a new freebie?

And one last bit of shameless begging: I am looking for volunteer quality checkers! My darling friend Sarah is overworked! I need a few more sets of eyes to look things over before they go live. Its not an especially complicated job, and you'll get to see new stuff before anyone else! I also might be persuaded to make some custom stuff for my helpers.... If you're interested, please email me at callalunacreations@mail.com.

I'm sure you're getting antsy by now, so put the pedal to the metal and speed on to your next stop at Mommy Me Time Scrapper. Here's a road map to tuck into your back pocket in case you take a wrong turn somewhere down the road:

Shuckclod's Stuff
DinkeeDoo Scraps
Desert Digi Scrap Gal
AK Designs
The Scrappy Kat
Karen Diamond Designs
Scrappin Serenity
Manda Lane Scraps
KapiScrap & Art
Digi-Designs by Nicole
Designs by Snowlady
kana
Saphira's Scraps
Queen Bee Scraps
Callaluna Creations <----Hey, look, that's me!
Mommy Me Time Scrapper
Growing Pains Scrapped
DoubleTrouble Scraps
WinksArt Graphics
Sairi Designs
Digital Scrapbooking Resource Center
Scraps by Missy
Note-able Scraps

Happy (belated) Halloween to you all, and thanks for stopping by! Please come again!

16 comments:

  1. Great inspiration for a layout. i remember those days. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I like the mess part, good for kids and cooking baking pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for your portion of this fabulous road trip .. it is truly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool Road Trip :) Thank you for your part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great kit! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love your portion of this kit. Love the little hand. Thank u. How did you start designing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my daughter's hand print. :) Glad you like it!

      I started designing a few months ago, and I guess I have my friend Sarah (http://sairidesigns.blogspot.be/) to thank. I'd been wanting to try my hand at designing for awhile, but never got around to it. One day she said, "I think we should participate in the next STS Road Trip. We can do that!" So we both jumped in feet first with the Jungle Adventure theme. I kept it up because Sarah is like my own personal assistant - reminding me of deadlines and keeping me on task, lol! The more I made, the more ideas I had... Its quickly taken over my free time, and I love learning new techniques and new programs. I can see myself improving with every release and I am proud of how far I have come since those first few animal elements! Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  7. Sorry, I don't know how to say "You're welcome" in French! How about if I say "Graag gedaan," instead? The only language I know other than English is Dutch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. You're welcome! You wouldn't love it if you had to clean those handprints off the table, the chairs, the clothes.... LOL :)

      Delete