Friday, June 14, 2013

June Triune Blog Train

As an ex-patriot (I hate that term - I am not an "ex" anything! I am still an American even if I lay my head down each night on foreign soil!), the 4th of July is bittersweet for me. It was always such an exciting day for me growing up, filled with family, fun, food, and fireworks! It makes me sad that most of the time my daughter doesn't get to experience that. Due to plenty of violence against Americans (yes, even in Europe!), I choose not to dress my half-American daughter in anything "American" unless we are staying at home. So the fourth generally passes by with little more than a quiet barbecue to mark it.

Last year was different, though. Last year we were in the states for Independence Day for the first time since Luna was born. We did it up in style, with a huge family party (family came from all over the states!), tons of food, a stars and stripes dress handmade by mama, and of course, her first fireworks (she liked them!). So many beautiful memories from that day!

Ok, ok, thank you for listening politely. Now its time for the freebie you came for. :) Here is the mini kit I used to create the simple layout I shared:

You can get it HERE.

Here is the complete list of stops for the Triune "I Will Make Them One Nation" train:

Sairi Designs
A-M Digital Designs
Cajun Diva Scraps
Triple J Designs
4OSAi
Speyegull Designs
Callaluna Creations
Digital Designs by Elisa
If you lose your way, head back to the Train Station at Sairi's blog!

Don't forget this month's special in my shop!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Aw... so glad that you got to spend the 4th at "home"! Thank you for sharing! I especially love your fireworks and "american heart"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for being a part of this great blog train and for creating this mini for us. :) Love your fireworks bursts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete